PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 21:02
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some routes, the thinner ones, that I think are better served by one carrier. So long as prices are reasonable, and service adequate, and I think that AMS and CDG would be examples of this. EZY provide a pretty reasonable service, and with one successful carrier on the route, there's less chance of cancelling days here and there, or fiddling with the schedule. Thats why I think it'd be a potentially bad move for BFS if EI offered JFK, all it may do is replace one carrier with another. BOS or MCO or YYZ would be good, but to New York I think continental does just fine, and excellent onward connections.

EI to Madrid would be an excellent choice I think, as would weekly Agadir in the winter (can always dream). Any demend for a Scandinivian destinations do you think, Copenhagan?? Had EI rumoured Fuerteventura at one time from BFS??

I guess that with the small population base of Northern Ireland, and the limited numbers that use BFS from the Republic of Ireland, there's just not enough demand for the amount of seats on offer to some destinations. Think still more could be done to reduce Northern Ireland residents being attracted to fly from DUB to destinations offered by BFS.

I too hope EI are here for long haul, (just not NYC, lol)