PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robert Mugabe "PB" in Ryanair gets Pilots to Vote YES
Old 9th Apr 2009, 17:46
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your opinon is heard and understood

https://www.balpa.org/RyanairPetition.aspx

Surprisingly Leo you are now starting to make sense. You show that you have an ideology that is totally against Unions. While I think it is a misguided and very dogmatic view of what a trade Union is or what an Association is. It is your view and you are freely entitled to your opinion.

You fear that an Association or Union will not have the company interest at heart. I think it would be reckless of pilots who are of the Union to try and bite the hand that feeds them. Nobody in RYR wants that. People who work and fly for RYR want the company to succeed. People want RYR to succeed on its merits but not at the detriment of employee’s rights, entitlements and fair terms and conditions across the workforce. Management have to make the decisions and pilots understand that is part of a manager’s portfolio of responsibilities. Pilots are only asking for fair and open communications with management. A partnership of success for the future. The pilots who will sit and represent you in negotiations as the Company Council are RYR pilots!

now is not the time to permit short-term self interest eclipse a long term vision for the future.
I have to totally agree. RYR pilots have to decide for themselves who has their best interest at heart concerning their professional career? The long term future is what pilots who want recognition in RYR want. A stable job while working hard but respected for that hard work and not told a load of porkies by accountants, economists and human resource personnel. Who has your best interest at heart is the question? The latter group of individuals from RYR management or RYR pilots who want fair open dealing?

Leo, you have a different ideology than quite a considerable amount of other pilots and that much is evident. I hope you enjoy your month off because you like other pilots in RYR work dam hard the rest of the time and you deserve it.

Other pilots in Ryanair will have another opinion and I think this is what this thread has shown you. These pilots have strong arguments and want significant change in RYR to gain back Dignity and Respect while preserving the long term future of pilots T+C's under the future and well earned success of Ryanair as a mature company.

Lastly to try and make this a success it is most important for RYR pilots to fill in the petition and show support at:

https://www.balpa.org/RyanairPetition.aspx