PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood pressure limits during exercise
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 16:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The highest readings I ever had were in my 20s I am now in my 50s and have passed 20 + medicals since then although I must admit to being petrified of having it checked at medicals. Viscious circle petrified of ever getting high readings again and days of agony running up to an aviation medical

Frankly I neither trust anything which is not understood by science and BP is not yet! Millions are medicated with drugs that can do a lot of damage.

Conflicting studies ? Only last week headlines " Salt not the big bad demon previously thought of in BP". No evidenece that drugging people prolongs life in medium and high BP only in very high BP.
What and who are we to believe?

Black skinned people have the highest level of high BP followed by white with the lowest going to Asians?

Seems to me that follows muscle mass and size ? ie Black people have the largest muscle mass the strongest hearts and the largest blood vessel systems Asians are the smallest people with the smallest least powerful hearts and smallest blood vessels?

Does that mean what is high in an Asian would be normal for a Black Person but the same scale is used for all?

Going to the title of this thread where BP readings of 180 or higher are completely normal while exercising it does begger the question that people who artificially create exercise conditions by being apprehensive or creating the fight or flight sitution is the reason for the white coat syndrome? making readings taken with a heart rate of more than resting ie 55-65 useless.

On an interesting note i read about an implant which controls BP naturally like a pacemaker through the bodies own control system.

Damaging drug free in the future. Maybe the way ahead for those with serious HBP ? But until science understands the cause It is worrying that drugs used to control HBP maybe damaging the organs which cause it.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 9th Apr 2009 at 18:05.