PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 14:12
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun,
Normally I don't bother to reply to your posts, as invariably they're mean spirited, unhelpful and serve no purpose whatsoever other than to show why cousins shouldn't marry. So what a pleasant change for you to write something mean spirited and unhelpful.

However, I will rise on this occassion.

How has it served me to date? It hasn't. I managed to right royally cock up the one interview I've managed to get so far. However, this is not ameasure of my training route - it's a measure of being way out of practice (I hadn't flown for three months); it's a measure of being called for interview with 5 days notice - so, given a full time job, no hope of squeezing a sim refresher in; it's a measure of nerves getting the better of me when it started to go wrong on the day.

I seriously doubt any sane person would take this as ANY reflection on the training I took, as opposed to bad luck/bad judgement on the day. Perhaps the only reflection from my training you could/should take from this, is the fact I got an interview at all.

Yet you seek to pin this on what training route I - or anyone else - took, despite the fact that none of the modular guys on my assessment got in either. The fact I screwed up my Ryanair sim check is nothing whatsoever to do with the way I trained, what happened to me could happen to anyone on a given day. So my method of training, or my bank balance is a totally redundant point - but then, you'd be totally unable to understand that, given that you see modular as the ONLY successful route...

I will say though, that you're right on one thing....getting a job is nothing to do with having the money for a TR or not and does require more than just cash.
It's requires a bloody great slice of "luck pie" and being in the right place at the right time. Regardless of what training route you took.

However, a LOT - if not all- of the few opportunities that do exist out there do require a TR to paid for, so it's nice to know I can do that (should I get the opportunity) without taking debt. I'm sure again that the sensible person would agree this is great place to be in the current market. But not you, you'd prefer to see it as a failing of the integrated scheme, that even though I can afford a TR, I haven't got a job yet.

Finally then, a question for you - what the hell do you think it says about you, that you revel in the fact someone - anyone - has spent £30 -£40 - £50k or whatever and hasn't got a job? Are you really as deeply unpleasant and polarised of view as you go out of your way to portray on here, or do you get some petty teenager-like kick out of being unkind?

But thanks for your concern - I'll be fine, thanks, as I'm continuing my training, trying to hone my skills and develop as a pilot more etc. Failing at Ryanair was the kick in the ass I needed to get back in the sim and get back up to scratch, which is what I'm doing. So I'm just waiting the storm out in my old job.....same as anyone else who hasn't managed to get a job, regardless of their training method...

Last edited by clanger32; 10th Apr 2009 at 10:14.