PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:25
SAS-A321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried googling GCAA medical requirements but could not come across anything useful. Does anybody know what are the eyesight requirements ?
I have searched for the same and have been unable to find any official documents on the Internet. Please note that the copy, in post #6 in the link below, from January 2008 states that there is no limit, except 20/200 without correction, as long as the vision can be corrected to 6/6.

UAE Eyesight Requirement

I wrote GCAA and received no reply. I got a reply from a doctor at the Infinity Clinic in Dubai. For your information I have -7.00 on both eyes.:

Being minus 7 is not the issue. Anyone can be short-sighted. What matters is the uncorrected vision level and also that you correct normally. The GCAA requires that you are not worse than 20:200 (twenty:two hundred) with no correction and that you correct to 20:20. It is allowed to be 20:30 in one eye with correction but the other has to correct to 20:20.
The requirement without correction means that you at 20ft have to be able to see what you with a normal vision can see at 200ft. (6/60 if in meters)

I have not seen any indications that UAE should have the JAR eyesight requirements other than people saying it here on Pprune.