PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 9th Apr 2009, 11:09
212man

Received 349 Likes on 196 Posts
Are they referring to the Shell S-92 that made a forced landing in the Brunei jungle? Think it was a similar problem
Whilst I appreciate that not every reader of this thread has read every post, I would at least expect the last few pages to have been read before posting, let alone 7 posts before, where the following was requested:

For the sake of clarity and accuracy, could people stop including the Brunei incidents in the discussion about oil loss? Neither incident was a result of a leak, and indeed my incident was a result of too much oil! Admitedly, the subsequent condition of the input module resulted in some leakage, but not to any significant degree
I find it insulting to the memory of those who have perished, to see continuous reference to the Brunei incident. It was in no way related to either the Broome incident or the Cougar accident. Any reference to it should be limited to the 'S-92 Design to Operations' thread, if at all, and not on this one.

Thanks