PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 08:19
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailwheel, I'd be interested in Pprune's answer to the Q below... I originally posted it on a JB thread which drifted away from the topic, but I've always wondered this...

I'm a lurking member of a technical diving forum (Decostop) with the following rule in its TOS:

b) All membership information must be accurate and belong to the person registering. All persons are limited to having one user account. Invalid, incomplete, or falsified information can result in the immediate termination of all membership privileges for that user and, possibly a permanent ban, restricting the member from using any of The Deco Stop’s services at any time.

They don't catch everyone immediately (still a few multiples with rather more experience with computers than cave diving ) but they get rid of them quick smart if they start making nuisances of themselves using the above rule. As on here, it's usually fairly easy to pick the fantasists and wannabes.

Why doesn't PPRuNe do this? Is it because it's a much bigger forum? Or do all the multiples use proxies?