PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumffichh
Thread: Bumffichh
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 02:47
Mark1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just my 2cents:

It's a pre-landing check, I'll usually do it a few miles out when approaching somewhere cross country. (I use BUMFOHH, but it doesn't really matter what you use so long as it gets the necessaries!)

For me it's combined with a finger flow/touch each thing approach. Should take no more than 2-5 seconds to cover the lot - shouldn't be a significant problem to fit that in.

It can be very worthwhile working on your memory recall to be able to process it all double quick - the old sit in a chair with your eyes closed and visualise works great for this sort of stuff.

I also add PPUFF on final - Power(mixture, carb) Pitch(prop) Undecarridge Fuel(pump) Flaps. Paranoia to an extent, particularly on the simpler a/c, but it's saved me on one occasion; I regularly mix types, so like keep the routine the same across the bunch.

Actually, I just realised the one assumption I'm making, which might be contentious is I use the mnemonics as a mental checklist. I threw the paper one in the flight bag a long time back, and only ever refer to it preflight for a refresher if I've not flown that particular A/c for a while.