PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Working on the A380
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 00:07
Shazz-zaam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u5mj,
that was one of the best post that I've read, intelligent and well balanced.

As you pointed out, "FAAA ....interesting change in the dynamics. "

The million dollar question is why? Why was the FAAA so quick to agree to taking a crew member off the 4 class? It's getting difficult to tell the difference between the FAAA and QF management.

Ditch handle, all your points about the conditions on the A380 are valid. I agree with you. It is a no brainer. Balancing up everything transferring to the A380 it's just not worth it. I don't know what I was thinking even considering it.

On a personal level I just get a little despondant working on the older aircraft, 767, 747-438 they look tired and it's embarrassing when the IFE constantly breaks down and the passengers take it out on you. I'm not just talking about one or two, I'm talking about whole zones, 50-100 at a time, sometimes the whole plane. You contact maintenance watch, reboot and still zip. After several years of this it's really starting to piss me off. In the FAAA newsletter, Steven Reed states that the company is not going to replace the IFE but they spend 10 million dollars on Borghetti's centre of excrement

My point is that it would have been nice to work on something shiney and new.
I hear that the IFE on the A380 works very well, can anyone confirm this?