PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 8th Apr 2009, 23:07
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Often it is the flight crew who are ultimately responsible. Are you suggesting that the crew's families should be sued for compensation in those cases? No point really, as they wouldn't have enough money, no, far better to go after the organisation/s who have lots of money, even if they didn't directly cause the accident. The tendency to look for the one who can afford a big payout and find a way to blame them is ugly. Just because your spouse was killed does NOT mean you are suddenly entitled to lots of money, if you want money then make sure you've got life insurance.

I recognise there are times when the airline or manufacturer has deliberately done things that they know will increase risk or that don't comply with regulations and sometimes they should be held responsible. I just think people are too quick to find someone to blame, and the lawyers are too quick to facilitate it.

P.S. I don't expect to change your mind or anything, I'm happy to disagree, just clarifying my position on the matter.

Last edited by AerocatS2A; 9th Apr 2009 at 00:57.