PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part M - CAMO - etc
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 22:45
JUST-local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is used for non public transport and under 2730 kgs, it does not need to be in the controlled environment of a camo.

It will however need to have its ARC renewed by a camo with part i (arc renenwal/ extension ability).

If it has been looked after by them for the last 12 months (in controlled environment) they can exend the arc for 12 months.

If it has not they must renew the arc.
All arc processes are similar amount of paperwork to the good old c of a renewal.

All clear as mud and a few changes occured back in December meaning we are not all grounded pending the CAA renewing our arc's!!

When the CAA get the paperwork going, I belive in a month or so the easa class under 1000KG simple aircraft (152's etc.) will be able to avoid camo's and have the work and arc renewed by a part 66 licence holder (with arc renewal ticket). This will be ok for two years then the third year will be done by a camo! sounds aufully like the three year c of a!

If it is a public transport aircraft (on aoc etc. not hire or reward/ flying school) or over 2730 KG or both! then you must be in controlled environment and be under a CAMO with contract etc.

This is only my interpritation of the rules which I have been reading for some time, they have been very slow to come out and the caa web site is not very clear for either owner/ operator or companies doing the work/ approvals for subpart f or g.

So if it is your Cessna 172? (seen in an old post), you take it to your part 145 or part F company who do the annual inspection (and may change lots of lifed items that have been on since new, seatbets etc!) If they are part g as well they will renew your arc as well or may get another company to do it or you could.
Class dismissed