PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSR-2 (Merged a few times)
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 21:48
tsrjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re. ...

...having researched the ill fated TSR.2 for over 20 years now, i found that my preconcieved ideas and ALL previous pieces written on the aircraft unfortunately have had some bias and disinformation woven into them.

the story isnt simple at all and is certainly one that deserves in depth study looking at each of the 'problem' areas, eg, horrendous cost overuns, the unsuitability of the airframe, political pressures both internal and from the US. etc. etc.

i have found over the years that much of the material relating to the project has been scattered, NWHG. has a good photo archive and some brochure material, the PRO/TNA. at Kew quite a lot of related paperwork, other items being distributed elsewhere (i know of a further large photo archive and even microfiche copies of a number of the type drawings not previously accessed)

i hope at some point in the future to sort out my researches on the aircraft and finally publish them, the TSR.2 Aerofax was unfortunately caught up in some other stuff happening at the time, and even tho i had the manuscript ready i couldnt devote the time the project deserved to bring it to completion

cheers, Joe Cherrie