PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA: Pilot licence examination results
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 18:24
tangowithtushar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my humble views :)on the exams

its a little overwhelming to express one's views amongst such esteemed group of pilots... pprune is 1 forum where discussions are held maturely and professionally and is devoid of the usual "best flying club in the world and cpl in 6 months" banter....
to cut long thing short id just say i felt tempted to pitch in with my views as i felt the discussion going nowhere... after the 50 hr rule which left guys like me running along the length and breadth of the country to find a suitable club for flying in India only to leave Indian shores for better GA equipped countries like Canada Australia and usa, life came 1 full circle for me when i could clear my conversion papers in 1 shot and saved myself the unwanted expense of recency..
i must admit as aspiring pilots what we do best is crib about DGCA i wont say i didn't.. in fact most of the criticism that DGCA attracts is not unwarranted.... most of us have been through RED TAPE etc. but the fact that passing dgca exams is a herculean task is far fetched .... i got 79 percent in navigation composite and 70 exact i was satisfied with my jan 09 nav result cos it had been good enough to pass but not 95 plus attempt... what made the whole thing creepy was that i saved myself in regs by pasing exactly at 70.. YES i was relieved but i felt i had done better but what puzzled me was that why most of the guys were given EXACT 70 nd not above or below... my paper had gone well so 70 was not expected but scrolling through the pdf. file i observed most of the guys passed by the skin of the teeth like me 70 .. Thank God Pheww!!and the highest in regs was not above 80 if im correct ... i know this does make us smell a rat in the results and even im interested in the "sting operation" that one of the members claims to have carried off...

so the question to my seniors in this field is that how come only a single digit percentage of people could clear regulations in jan attempt and that too with border line scores ...???

and to people who will attempting the exams in the future id just say give it your best shot.... and dont think about "things are rigged no use .. people pay to pass"
be comprehensive with gsp's and what our instrument rating books taught us in us or canada ... there our some excellent teachers out there and i consider it a good investment ... to freshen up our basics with them ...its always worth it... with 3 months to prepare for the exam ... the syllabus is nothing as compared to how much we had studied for our intermediate or graduation exams..its not easy but yes its not rocket science..

best of luck

cheers