PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli ditch North Sea G-REDL: NOT condolences
Old 8th Apr 2009, 18:23
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As said before I just want the facts asap on this specific issue as the L2 despite a few quirks(not including South American which was solved not by changing the aircraft) has prooven itself over and over. My problem is that I was at a briefing today where a different manufacturer(not Sikorsky or obv EC) made clear statements as to the build in errors and unreliability of the 332 and 225 range based on this accident. The 92 was forgotten. I know the investigation need time, but certain manufacturers climb onto these unfortunate accidents promising customers it has never and will never happen to them so bye1 now and get 1 for free. The fact that the cabin does not allow CPR/the aircraft does not have range/etc all of a sudden disappear as the mentality becomes as long as it is not an EC that falls out of the sky weekly. Mission readiness-what is that-scheduled downtime-what is that, at least we do not crash!

In my opinion the saddest and hightest invitation to murphy! It almost makes me feel that we will unfortunately be here again soon just wih a nes manufacturer name and yet more than that geniune unique sould lost.

Should there not be a monatorium on manufacturers using accidents like the last 3 until results are published before we just sell those not proven yet and 5 years down the line have to read the weekly update as to how many was lost in this 5 years ago it would not have happened aircraft.

Again, my full support to EC and the 332 and hope we can solve this to stop the misinformation and lying!!!!!!!!