PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 18:11
lpokijuhyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

This question/comment is directed to any of the Cargolux pilots.
I live in Europe and have Type ratings in B744 and B747 Classic, LR-jet, IA-Jet. Total time is relatively low at 4000 hours. 747 time is around 1300 hours.
Ok...here is the issue. I have an American FAA ATP; however I also have a JAA (issued in Germany) FCL, but it is a Com-ME/IR. The JAA said I needed to do a skills test in a JAR part 25 aircraft or sim in order to get the JAR ATPL. I have already taken all the JAA ATPL theory exams. I can not get the JAR ATPL because I simply can't go out out there and rent a sim or a B744 or other JAR part 25 aircraft in order to take the ATPL skills test. My B744 rating is obviously on my FAA license.
Ok...I really want to work for Cargolux and have for several y!ears! So the first question from the recruitment company that processes the applications is, "do you have ATPL?" I have to say no because I technically do not; however if I was hired by Cargolux then this would be as simple as doing 2 extra maneuvers on a line proficiency check. (that's what the German LBA told me). Now, I believe the recruiter at the recruiting company that processes applications really does not know anything about licenses or flying? It is like talking to a brick wall. I keep telling them that I am rated and current on the B744 and then they ask me why I only have a Comm-ME/IR!!! Round and round!!! Is there anyway that I could talk to somebody who is a pilot at Cargolux who has some authority in the hiring process who can understand my dilemna? All I want is a chance to interview, but I can't get by the "beaucratic guards" at the application processing company. I know that if I could speak with a PILOT then we would be on the same wavelength. Seriously, if anybody can help me, please PM or simply write in this forum. I am in desperate need of work...unemployed and wife has a baby on the way.

Thanks so much!
R