PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PDG up to thier old tricks??
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 15:48
sikorsky27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly and utmost NO one has accused anyone of being dangerous

This is a very proffesional and demanding side to flying and I have the utmost respect for those that carry it out worldwide. I was involved in this a few year back so I do understand.

with regards to the aerial work AOC debate I was merely asking for a general opinion on this task as it would appear to be dealt with very different in Europe. I am fully aware of the difference between the two It appears that anyone directly involved in the operation may be carried under AW obbviosly that doesnt mean ferrying god knows hows many people out. My comment only came from speaking to pilots involved in the task ( some who work for the above ) and thier comments were they didnt believe that it should be AOC but no need to get the handbags out it was only to see what genuine guys involved feel.

Has anyone out there any idea when the EU OPS4 will be introduced into the uk? I read recently that this will encompass Filming,lifting, spraying, Firefighting etc under a more general AW category?

I am not having a go at the above, it just seemed a lot of people you come across have encountered problems and I just wondered what truth if any were in them. Didnt mean to offend anyone.