PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 8th Apr 2009, 09:23
eyeinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that why NATS ATCOs are (allegedly) not fully reimbursed for the cost of their annual medicals, yet BUPA membership is provided for 'managers' wives?
UNQUOTE

As I understand it, OHS provide the facility for all ATCOs to have free medicals either at LAC or at the regular mobile clinics which they offer throughout the country. These are apparently offered at regular enough intervals to allow everyone to have medical renewals done in time and for free.

If someone decides for whatever reason not to take advantage of this comprehensive service (which has a cost to NATS) and go 'private', then they will reimburse costs up to £150. Doesn't seem to me to be an unfair offer. Given the requirements of medical confidentiality, I can't see why anyone would feel the need to go to another doctor for their annual renewal... unless there is a scam going on somewhere.

As for the main point of this thread: Still disappointed at the apparent lack of progress on pay talks. Not really sure why everyone is so hung up on what PB is getting: concentrate on skilled negotiation for the wider workforce and stop being distracted by one figurehead.