PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA: Pilot licence examination results
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 08:31
Arcane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See, its more because there is NO defined structure for the examination and its content.

And moreover many of them opt not to go for ground school in india as they are way beyond the term "AFFORDABLE".

Gosh....... i know many deserving candidates passing the exams with the help of "Keep Walking.......(Hope u got the point)"........

Sorry but i guess DGCA has just not been able to tap the GA side to allow enough candidates to pass. May be failing them just avoids the market flooding with many aspiring candidates.......
Excuses.
It really isn't DGCA's fault if the rich kids come back from America thinking the exams here will be exactly the same. All it requires is for someone to sit down and study. How do you think the (minority, apparently) passed the exams ? By paying a few lakhs to the right people ? Surely, not all !
About ground school not being affordable - well, in that case, FLYING isn't affordable, is it ? Flying = 25 lakhs. Ground school = 50k-70k.

@a330

The DGCA Composite exam is extremely easy to clear provided you put in a couple of months of dedicated study. I wouldn't worry about it much. Just don't expect it to be like the exams in America/other such country.
Heck, take a look at the JAA syllabus. They have to give 14 exams. We have to give one.
Anyway, all the best.