PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to sell Concorde to Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 08:19
woodpecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a shame the airport decided to make the chap who looked after her redundant!. He was also responsible for ensure that the Trident was saved from the scrap man at Heathrow and moved to Manchester.
Just my thoughts gordonroxburgh

All the effort to stop BA chopping up the Trident Three were led by one chap. He arranged to have the aircraft reduced to movable parts and transported to Manchester where it was "rebuilt".

Whats more he also left BA, moved to Manchester with his family and restored the aircraft to a condition we, who flew the aircraft, would have loved BA to maintain the fleet (with the same TLC, inside and out).

There was also another ex BA aircraft that he was responsible for, the Concorde. That too was kept in excellent condition, being washed more often than my car!!

Alas now that the Concorde is under cover the Trident will rapidly deteriorate as the chap is now "surplus to requirements", made redundant to you and me.

I am told that BA still owns all the Concorde's, if so sell the Manchester one, after all it only visited there on the odd diversion/jolly. If it wasn't going to be in the plans for Terminal Five then it should have replaced the model rather than the A380 at the approach to the tunnel. After all it's a part of the countries aviation history, not just BA's

You chopped up the fleet museum at Cosford (B707, Trident One, BAC111 etc), come on BA look after the "old flagship" at Heathrow. It would be rather better than the collection of photos on some PC that you call the "British Airways Museum Collection" (click for the link... British Airways Museum Collection)

Last edited by woodpecker; 8th Apr 2009 at 08:36.