PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ006 final report out 26/4/02
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2002, 08:55
In the slot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gladioli
Your sad nagging continues to the extent that I'm getting almost as bored replying to them as I am reading them. However, as your statements are SO sad, they always merit a comment from one of the more realistic and forward thinking amongst us. Your reference to the B744 circular and the CAAS statements on f/o's sitting in the left seat shows how inconsequential many of your ramblings are.
In a 2 man operation, if the captain goes to the toilet, one f/o is left in the right hand seat as the sole occupier of the flight deck. In a 3 man operation, if the capt left, there would be 2 f/o's in the flight deck, one in the right seat as the designated command f/o and the other POSSIBLY in the left seat, but not manipulating controls. Tat the CAAS then said that the "spare" f/o CANNOT sit in the left seat was hardly a major change operationally for any of us who FULLY UNDERSTOOD the correct practice of a 3 man crew in the first place. I suggest you think about your own obvious misunderstanding and unprofessional operation when part of a 3 man crew in the past. At the end of the day, the requirement, though not realised by yourself, has ALWAYS been that there is an f/o in the right seat, the only change was that the support f/o no longer has the option to sit in the left seat.

Do us ALL a favour and stop wasting the time of people with relevent and constructive things to say.

Sorry to all else if this went off the subject of the posting for a while.