PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice from your rotorheads!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 01:34
AT_WORLDS_END

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice from your rotorheads!

I am 35 years old from Norway, i have worked as a paramedic for 12 years and performe more missions that i would like to count. I feel my days as paramedic is over, all my life my big passion has been helicopters and i would now like to make them my job. In my work i have been lucky to spend time in our EC135 and loved all hours in it.. There is nothing better than see the grim on the pilots face when i was performing water picup in sling in freesing water But i have spend some time on the stick, and its a great machine to fly. its a little weak in wrong winds do to the fenestron and big tail.. little sail back there in side winds Sorry for my bad english

My plan now is to travel to Hillsboro Aviation and take PPL, CPL, IR, ME, CFI and CFII then convert them to JAA, ATPL some where in Europe.

In norway taking the JAA and ATPL will cost a ****t load of money and giv me 170hours. Nobody will hire a pilot withe that few hours.

Hillsboro wil give me a job instruc after a while and i would have around 1300hours when i have completed my education.

Do you think is wise to do hours on both the R22 and H300? and som ranger time in the end? Does anyone now a good contry in Europe to convert the FAA to JAA, ATPL and the cost? Would you recomend more education or some type certifications? anyone heard of Hillsboro, is it a good school?

I will be glad for all help you can give, the reason why im askin you bunch is that i have the greates respect for you and just love the forum...

Best regards
The tired medic ho just want to fly