PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2002, 07:53
next in line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CapedCrewsAider

<<With regard BA reject management and SOPs, no GB pilot manager presently at GB has ever worked for BA. I was refering mainly to the large number of non flight operations managers who have passed through our doors over the years. >>

Accepted. I was referring to FR (ex BA) who was responsible for introducing BA's SOPs into GB - Big Dog's suggests that the Airbus is not strictly BA - but if you still have a compulsory hand over on each flight, then it is influenced by BA.

airrage

We might not agree on your other thread but you are quite right about GB being taken over by BA. It is extremely satisfying working for a small successful company and the best thing which GB pilots can do when they are taken over is to leave or remain and concentrate on the money and opportunities.

Big Dog's

We are in more agreement than not so I will just answer one of your comments:

<<do you really think that having gone through and psased the BA selection makes you a better pilot? >>

OF COURSE, but only in the eyes of BA, not mine! I have flown with many pilots who were 'acquired' by BA and once they have been trained (brainwashed) into BA's SOPs, they are just as good/bad as everyone else.