PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Rise on 1st April 09?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2009, 21:00
advocatusDIABOLI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, having made several comments on this thread, I have said from the start, that I thought 1.5% was in the offing, and with that, I see 2.8% as a result!

However, as serveral other posters have explained, 2.8% does not actually relate to a pay rise, it actually relates to a pay cut (in 'real' terms). So, the 'other' angle on this thread, of doffing cap... and saying what a great deal we got is bo((ocks! (In my view).

As one poster mentioned; When the private sector are doing well, we get F-all and when they are doing poorly we get F-all! So please, mend your breaking hearts, and be happy that for once the F-all is more than the others 'Less-Than-F-all' !

As for pensions, I think you'll find that we don't have an employment 'contract' as such. Consequently (and this is certainly true for officers), we are essentially at 'her majesty's pleasure'. Bottom line, they can remove our pension as look at us. Drop our pay, cancel R-R incentives, send us ALL to Valley!!!!!! it's their (Brown's) choice.

They own the ball, it's their field, in their garden and we just got invited for tea.

If they hurt us in our (peacetime) work, sure we can claim (under HS), but be under no illusion........... we are serving military, and as such, 'servants' of the crown in the most base sense. In respect of pay and allowances........ it's totally their game, same for pensions.

ALL bets are off.

Advo