PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 7th Apr 2009, 19:25
Amnesia180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I've yet to even attend the 2 hour presentation from an officer at my local AFCO.

However; I've started to prepare prior to this, to give myself the best possible chance (if sent to Cranwell).

Anyway, for others that may be interested... I've found a few websites that may offer some guidance. I'm not saying they hold any "answers" but they do have some useful information.

I have also picked up a lot of tips from reading through this thread (and searching the forum as well as a couple of others) and it is a priority that you have a knowledge of Current Affairs/Operations (not just the standard Afghan and Iraq) and also NATO.
It's also common sense to know the training schedule (which is outlined in the 'Further Information' link above, and I believe you also provided with literature after your presentation at the AFCO). Also know the aircraft you could be assigned to (and it wouldn't hurt to know the rest of the functional aircraft).

Apparently group sporting activities can go in your favour, so make sure you are ready to mention those at a given opportunity! I don't do any group sport, but do swim and play squash (so this is something I'm going to add to ASAP).

If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free to add. I've tried to bring a very brief summary of what has been discussed over these past 154 pages.

Hope this helps!