PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai: From riches to rags BBC Panorama tonight 8:30 UK:
Old 7th Apr 2009, 18:55
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So don't even try and go there again about the bad western people.
I am politely sharing my personal opinion which I understand may differ with yours. I don't think I need your prior approval to express myself and I'm certainly not meaning what you insinuate. As far as I know workers have always been treated like that in middle eastern countries and be sure that all immigrants have enough of networking and feedback to know what to expect on their arrivals. Of course the working conditions are terrible especially when compared to the lifestyles of people like you and me but life is tough for billions of people on earth and some decides to land in DXB knowing how difficult it will be. It is incorrect to compare UAE workers to billions of potential immigrants in Europe as workers in UAE are not immigrants and only meant to stay to complete a specific job. Riots and organized crime are less related to origins than unemployment which once again is not the case withy the UAE workers.

UAE offers to be legaly and voluntarely exploited for some money
Europe only offers to be legaly or illegaly unemployed

Again, I'm not pretending to be able to decide what is good or bad and remain very surprized by your confidence.

Thank you for keeping a polite attitude towards your democrat brother.