PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai: From riches to rags BBC Panorama tonight 8:30 UK:
Old 7th Apr 2009, 18:36
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argue all you want. The fact remains that Dubai treats all expat workers poorly. Even the likes of EK pilots are abused (not by comparison to the slave labour though) but it is caused by the same mentality.

Funny how the UK was the biggest supporter of Dubai but now that things have taken a turn for the worse (in other words they can't come and benefit from the rape and pillage), the media is suddenly taking the moral high ground.

This place is a cesspool and there is no denying that fact. You have to get on with your life and tolerate the bad aspects of this place. Either that, or you leave because there is no middle ground. I suppose DENIAL is the middle ground but that is not exactly reality.

Dubai is a terrible place in most respects, but it does afford some benefits. Now that I am 'acclimatized' , I wish I never came here. It has become less relevant that economics dictated my decision but now that I am here, it is very hard to leave. Please, some other airline offer a job that gives me 2/3's the benefit of this place! I would joyfully pack my bags.

Dubai is a ****hole, and anyone considering coming here, needs a good slap. I guarantee all future pilot hirees will be disappointed, to say the least.

EK is symbolic of Dubai. It is amazing that so many intelligent people still believe the propaganda, but then again, I believed it a long time ago. Damn, what was I thinking?