PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai: From riches to rags BBC Panorama tonight 8:30 UK:
Old 7th Apr 2009, 15:55
GBB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that EU is not perfect. All I was trying to say that I dont think it is wise to compere illegal emigrants in Europe and poor construction workers in Dubai.
I didnt want to create any misunderstanding here, Im sorry.
As it does say for it self, emigrants that you are talking about come, stay and work in EU illegaly, poor guys that coem to Dubai were brought here by big local companies, sometimes gov. companies. (as somebody said on EK flights) I think the chances of caoming to DXB as illegal emigrant are almost 0.
What im trying to say is that they came here with all the papers, so Dubai gov. is simply "supporting" all this slavery. In simple words, its all legal slavery which has full support of Dubai gov.
If I was illegal emigrant in any country I would NOT expect to have the same rights or salary as everybody else as I simply should not be there in the first place.
But when I go legaly somewhere (pay to have a job) sign some sort of contract, to find out when I get there that I would be paid 1/3-1/5 of what was promised, my passport is taken away form me, and I simply become slave with no rights and salary too low to even repay that loan I took to get "my dream dubai" job. (something is very wrong)
Sorry if I didnt make my self clear enough from the begining.

Anyways, let us know of any organization that is helping this guys with food, clothes or anything else. Its always nice to help somebody.