PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai: From riches to rags BBC Panorama tonight 8:30 UK:
Old 7th Apr 2009, 15:10
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope more and more this sort of documentaries will be on all major international news channels so people can be aware before they choose DXB as their holiday spot.
If western tourists shouldn't come in DXB for holidays what about western expats like us working in DXB ?

I think some Italian workers are barely getting 800 euros salaries without accommodation... and I don't want to name all illegal seasonal fruit industry workers in Spain, often coming from north Africa which are paid less than that without accommodation. It's a fact that illegal workers are employed in Europe, not being accomodated and badly remunarated while often having a family to feed and risking to be kicked out anytime. Isn't it also slavery ?

I'm not competent enough to decide which country is right or wrong and I feel surprised to see people being very confident with their opinions.

I agree to say that the workers conditions in DXB are awful, however as our European countries are not really doing better than DXB to help these people I don't feel in a position to make any comment. If I'm not fine with that I just can live the place.