PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Borghetti Gone..........
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2009, 07:38
Shlonghaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confirmed..... Il Duce departs

And LG as Executive Mgr. Customer & Marketing

DEPARTURE OF MR JOHN BORGHETTI
GROUP EXECUTIVE – QANTAS AIRLINES

It is with sadness that I announce Mr John Borghetti, Group Executive – Qantas Airlines, will leave the company with effect from 4 May 2009.

It is no coincidence that 4 May 2009 is the 36th anniversary of John commencing his career with Qantas. While we are disappointed that he is leaving, we respect his view that thirty-six years with one employer definitely shows commitment over and above the norm.

John has made a very considerable contribution to the Qantas executive team since my appointment as CEO and I would like to thank him personally for this and for his long-term commitment to the company, its employees, customers and shareholders.

He has been generous with both his time and knowledge as we have been going through the difficult task of putting a new management structure in place at Qantas.

John leaves knowing our succession planning has developed a new generation of senior leaders who are well-prepared to take over the reins.

On behalf of the Board and all the team at Qantas, I wish John all the best in his future endeavours. We will not forget his contribution.

During his career at Qantas, John has notched up some major achievements, making Qantas a world-leader when it comes to airline product innovation and service delivery. John’s significant contribution to the Qantas Group’s commercial strategy should also be recognised.

John developed the world’s best airport lounges, he enlisted the services of great creative spirits like Neil Perry and Marc Newson, his vision led to the Qantas A380 being the world’s first designer passenger aircraft and, most recently, he drove the creation of our new $10m Centre of Service Excellence.

John Borghetti’s departure will trigger some changes to senior executive responsibilities. Mr Rob Gurney will be appointed to the Executive Committee in the role of Group Executive – Qantas Airlines, Commercial, as will Ms Lesley Grant as Executive Manager – Customer and Marketing, reporting directly to me.

Rob Gurney has more than 20 years experience in commercial aviation, gained with two of the world's leading airlines, Qantas and British Airways. He was appointed to the role of Group General Manager Sales and Distribution for Qantas Airlines in October 2003.

Lesley Grant was appointed Group General Manager Customer, Product and Service in Qantas Airways in May 2002. Before joining Qantas Airways, Lesley was the Senior Vice President Customer Service at Ansett/Air New Zealand Group. Lesley has been a Director of UNICEF Australia since June 2006 and is a member of the Chief Executive Women organisation.

Alan Joyce