PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I use my contingency fuel for delays at the holding point?
Old 4th May 2002, 23:09
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle

I replied in such a vitriolic manner because you are one of the people'giving your market sector a bad name' by putting 'corner cutting' and 'low cost' together, and using phrases like 'revenue-driven meagre reserves'!It just pi$$ed me off.

What has the Pink 170 AIC got to do with being a low cost operation? I believe it was aimed more at the long haul operations into London than at anyone else.The chirp thing is not good news I agree but I have to say I am not personally aware of this problem.

We are all JAR operators and as such are required to carry legal minimum fuel, there are people who are happy to do just that, but they are in the minority. I agree it seems unusual to have to offload one hundred odd kilos of catering on such a short flight, but who knows why? artificially limited TOW's, runway restrictions at STN/FRA, fuel strike at FRA, tech problems,weather etc.I know of 767's offloading catering/water to get the fuel on (not on a FRA flight admittedly )

From experience I rarely carry the bare minimum plog fuel so that academic discussions such as this thread remain just that- academic.

It's very easy to multiply fifty kilos saved by two thousand flights a year or whatever but it is much more difficult to quantify all the times a bit extra onboard saved a diversion or a return to stand or whatever, keeping the program on time and saving a monumental cock up.

And I'm sorry but many of your posts do come across as pompous, to me at least. I actually said 'some impressive things', meaning career wise-as in one example being synchro lead in the red arrows, not taking the roof off a car with a Jaguar type of impressive!!