PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Advice
Thread: Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2009, 01:53
Sachi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Career Advice

Firstly I just want to say for the most part, everyone on here has been really helpful an this site is very informative. Despite being a newbie and not having that much to say, I have learnt alot from this forum.

So I've just started my training, currently acquiring my private on a course that could take me through to a CPL. I'm a multi national citizen (Australian and USA) and was wondering where to complete my flight training, the United States or Australia.

Has anyone here lived and worked in both countries? Or if you had the option, which country would you choose?

I think both countries have their good and bad points and I'm not biased to either country, I'd be quite happy living in either.

A bit more about myself, I'm 23 and single, currently based in Australia. Ideally I'd like to become an airline pilot but I'm not fixed on a particular airline or part of the world. I'd like to get my commercial licence and work some low time jobs like most people do to get a start. I used to be a teacher, so when I have a bit more cash, I'd also like to get my instructor ratings aswell and give that a go.

I plan to pay for most or all of flight training, to minimize loans when I'm in low income flying jobs. I would be looking to make the move if need be, in about 12-18 months, just so I have some more time to save some more money. Ofcouse I'm not putting all my eggs in the one basket, I'm also applying for the cadet programs that are big topics on this forum, as well as applying for Air Force options.

Thanks for your assistance, I look forward to your responses.