PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli ditch North Sea G-REDL: NOT condolences
Old 6th Apr 2009, 19:55
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As things stand now, I would probably get into that l2 wondering, but knowing what she has achieved and her ability what is my alternative? Look at the hours and she survived the "newer" type on the block speciman relatively easily. Maintenance error and/or pilot(not an issue in my opinion here) is difficult to control and pin point at the earlystages in a investigation.

I remember a recent presentation by non EC personnel pointing out that engine failures occured on the 350 fleet over the last 4 million flight hours-the only casualties caused by incorrect follow of procedures(hyd come to mind). Presentation actrually by AW to justify single engine but they did not have sufficient hours on the 119.

I had a L2 LH ancil(-2 so well pre manufacturer recommendations) failure entereing final approach. There was a bang and slight yaw but after a second all the non LH mGB driven electric and hydraulic system took over and except for the fright from the bang and yaw-no loss of any hydraulics/MGB etc due to the redundance system.

This lies close to my heart as I swear by the L1/L2/225 and will still get in their first. Just want to know the true facts of what went wrong. As said before, I can guarantee you eC has got every possible component of a nother in the so called "torture chamber" trying to put the puzzle together!

Good luck to all the researchers, operators,aircrews and the pax!