PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 6th Apr 2009, 19:44
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rumouroid
We are assuming that the returned ballot papers were correctly counted and independently verified, which there is some talk on here that they were not independently verified. Then there is all the other conspiracy theories about how many actually received a ballot paper, did it make it back with the Xmas post etc. Many staff mistakenly wholeheartedly believed the unions and voted accordingly, I've even heard rumours that the reps now realise they were too gullable when listening to management and regret hard selling the proposal to us.
Yeah we've all read, on here, about how the NTUS reps are selling us down the river blah blah blah. All I can say is look at all of the hot air written on here about the MoU for pensions and then look at the reality of the change to our terms & conditions:
• NATS will not require or incentivise existing employees to leave the NATS Section of the CAA Pension Scheme in favour of the NATS Defined Contribution Pension Scheme;

• NATS will not differentiate between employees on the basis of different pension scheme membership.

The above elements have been incorporated into a legally binding Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by NATS and NATS Trade Union Side (NTUS), which will cover a 15 year period from 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2023. However, the last two points identified above will form a change to your terms and conditions of employment by their insertion into your contract of employment. For this reason, the protection will remain for as long as you are employed by NATS.

From my dealings with the unions I reckon the reps do their damnedest to drive through the best deal they can, despite all of the mud thrown at them in this forum.

BD