PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PDG up to thier old tricks??
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 19:25
sikorsky27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me personally I dont have an axe to grind, just wondered if anyone out there had come across some of the problems that other companies seem to be having?

The reason for a late reply is i've been at work!

A pilot was recently explaining how the above wonderful company had paid a photographer to lay in wait to take piccy's of other operator's / competitors going about thier work and then ring the CAA and feed them info that there are illegal public transport flight going on when there clearly was not. The CAA then looked into it and found that no rules had been broken! so a load of hastle and time wasted for nothing.

I does amaze me that the CAA still class dropping ground personnel out on to a moor or hillside as public transport! surely you cannot meet all the criteria for a public transport operation?

hopefully we can soon adopt what the rest of Europe is and class this correctly as aerial work - which it should be - but then I suppose it's less fee's to the campaign.

Surely the people in this very demanding and professional industry have better things to do than trying tricks like that on each other???

The Cumbernauld thing just came up in conversation with another pilot up north last week - perhaps he had an axe to grind.