PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 17:18
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lgwflyboy,

Very eloquently put. I think?

Never run a full service airline? Aer Lingus possibly, long haul, full service? Yep.

If, and it's a big if, the passengers were still flooding through the terminal. IF the business section were not emptier than the House of Commons allowances payback room and IF the revenue and cash of the company were not being burnt at an alarming rate then I could, possibly, understand your viewpoint.

But, as we all live in a realistic, modern world where being paid to be late is not one of the rules anymore. Or delaying a service into a foreign country so that the 'box' times can be met just don't wash. Neither do a vast majority of the antiquated rules that brings BA to its knees whenever the CC throw their toys out of the cot. Snow disruption was a classic.

WW will, unfortunately, walk all over your contracts as he cancels them one by one and retrains cabin crew on the new contract. Once done, the airline will be on hourly rates, fixed turn arounds and less sitting on backsides in the CRC.

The savings will come. The CC T's & C's will be brought, permanently, into line with other departments and the whole show will go on. November I believe the new fleet starts. Now is your choice as to whether you are on it.