PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Star Aviation In Chennai
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 14:39
IndAir967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Oh i didnt no that.. but if i were in your shoes.. may be i would go for the 320 or 737

Why?
Because this is what most of the Indian Operators fly. Prospects are better. I would not get an rating on an aircraft for an airline which asks me to pay 25 laks for type and another airline whose aircraft are yet to reach india. So almost the prospect of getting hired is next to 10%.

If you can get an SIC Rating on B738 which is relatively cheaper than ERJ170.
You have a chance of getting hired by Air India Express Immedeately.

Details:

ADVERTISEMENT FOR TYPE RATED CO-PILOTS
AIR INDIA EXPRESS

Air India Express invites applications from Indian Nationals with B737-800NG endorsement to fill in Co-pilot vacancies (on Contract basis subject to change into permanent employment on obtaining Command )

Eligibility Criteria.
1. Educational Qualifications :
Passed Higher Secondary (10 + 2) or equivalent examination (with Science ) from a recognized Board / University.

2. Technical Qualification :
Should be in possession of :
a)Valid Indian Commercial Pilot License (CPL) or Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ALTP) with an endorsement on B737-800NG
b)Instrument Rating
c)Current Flight Radio Telephone Operator’s License.

3. Medical Fitness :
As per medical standards laid down by the Company.

4. Upper Age Limit : (On date of the interview )
Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL)
35 years for GEN
40 years for SC/ST & 38 years for OBC.
Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ALTP)
45 years for GEN/SC/ST & OBC
Note : Ex-servicemen will be given age relaxation as per Government rules.

5. Selection Process :
Short listed candidates will go through :
a)Written Test
b)Interview
c)Simulator Proficiency test.

Selected candidates will be appointed as TRAINEE PILOT ( on probation ) and will be the junior-most to the existing Trainee Pilot as on date of joining. On completion of training for regular line flying, the candidate will be placed as a Co-pilot.

6. Career Progression :
Career progression opportunity will be given to pilots who subsequently meet the eligibility conditions to upgrade as Commander on B737-800NG airplane. Upon obtaining command, the terms of employment will change to permanent employment in Air India Express.

7. Performance Bonds:
Performance Bonds will have to be executed, depending upon the training involved (as decided by Air India Express).

8. Salary / Compensation :
Will be on stipend till completion of training. Thereafter, will be appointed as Co-pilot and will be on probation as per Company rules.

9. General :
SC/ST candidates not employed in Public sector Undertaking / Govt. Dept. etc. will be given 2nd class rail / bus fare as admissible under the rules.

Scheduled Castes candidates who were originally professing Hindu religion and have embraced Neo Buddhism will also be considered for appointment against posts reserved for Scheduled Caste.

Candidates employed in Govt./Semi Govt./Public sector Undertakings must have ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer.

Compliance with all applicable DGCA Rules is mandatory.

10. Base of Operation :
Mumbai & Delhi will not be offered as a Crew base. As per current requirement, all selected pilots will be based at Chennai / Calicut / Cochin.

No housing will be provided.

11. How to Apply :
Applications may be sent by E-mail or post at the following address as per the format given below :
a)Ms. Susan Condillac
E-mail : [email protected]

b)Chief of Operations, AICL
1st floor, Old Building, Operations Department
Old Airport, Santa Cruz (E),
Mumbai – 400 029.

Format :
i)Full Name :
ii)Father’s Name :
iii)Address in block capitals :
iv)Date and place of birth :
v)Whether SC/ST/OBC (please indicate sub-caste)
vi)Whether any relatives working in Air India and if so in what capacity and nature.
vii)Educational Qualifications ( Date of Examination, Year of Passing and class obtained).
viii)Technical Qualification (Details of Licenses / aircraft / instrument rating / FRTO etc )
ix)Accident / Incident Record, if any.

Eligible candidates fulfilling the above requirements are required to bring the original documents at the time of the written test.

12. Flying Experience details:
i) Grand Total Hours.
ii) Total Hours flown on B737-800.
iii)Total Number of hours flown during last 6 months.
iv)Total hours flown as pilot-in-command (if any)
v)Types of aircraft flown.
vi)Specify total aircraft hours flown on Multi-engine aircraft (Piston and / or Turbo pro indicating separately on each type.)
vii)Command and co-pilot flying hours by day and by night.

13. Details of working experience – (period / capacity / salary )

14. Marital status

15. Extra Curricular activities.

16. Date of application

17. Signature of applicant

18. List of enclosures.

In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that candidates who do not fulfill
the required norms suppress information called for, their candidature for appointment shall be cancelled.