PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 14:06
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This problem stems from the lack of foresight by previous management (last 10-12 years) in that as they did not provide adequate (if any at all most years) CPI increases. Thus departments re-wrote JD's to regrade staff to recover the losses in salary and upkeep with inflation etc. Thus there are hoards of people on G10-G12 who should really be on G6-G10. G11 & G12 are almost fully populated by people who are still doing the same job as they did 5 & 10 years ago on G8 who ar now G11 and G10 who are G11 or G12.

Thus providing all these benefits to staff who really should not have them (I mean, should a Help Desk agent get the staff travel same benefit as an FO or Capt? Really!) is now detrimental to the overall onboard product, pensions (locals) and of course retirement packages for eveyone.

What goes around comes around.

As a retired employee I am yet to be formally advised of the change - not that it matters, having now left GF I am earning more than enough to purchse my own full fare First Clas tickets for self and family. And do!