PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar planning exercise
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 10:58
scardycap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey whats the air like up there on your self righteous soap boxes? I'm sure all of you who finished your CPL with 150 hours all those years ago marched straight into a job interview and told your respective employer you weren't going to take the job unless your terms and conditions were met.
As we all know in this industry it's always the first rung that's the hardest, the first job after CPL, the first twin, first turbine, first jet job etc.
So I take it none of you did parachute drops for a couple of dollars a jump, or forked out thousands more on an instructors rating and then got paid stuff all while working as a casual. None of you swept hangars and hung around hoping to get a flight or moved out to the middle of nowhere flying a clapped out 206 hoping to get a leg up on the companies chieftain.
Some guy's asking for help here and all anyone except one or 2 people can do is criticize. Very easy to forget from whence you came, and how you got to where you are now. Talk about prostitution, you have all done it at some stage. What's the saying about the pot calling the kettle black.
Do I think the terms on offer are rubbish absolutely. Would I be happy to accept them myself, wish they were better but if given the chance yes. Would I be happy with them after a thousand hours on type, not on your nelly.
Unfortunately I know nothing about the Jetstar interview process to help this guy out except to say go for it. Get on that first rung and fly boy fly and if conditions haven't improved a year or two down the track then go somewhere better.