PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 08:54
Down and Welded

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
powers... thanks again. OK, I won't hold my breath for the upgrade, but I can dream about it, can't I? Couple of things, perhaps... (1) yes, given what you've stated, if I was in your shoes I'd probably be frightened if the comment was made purporting to be fact. Then I guess I'd make some enquiries 'within'. I posted a rumour, genuinely heard (and although from an aviation source, not first-hand I might add, hence the 'I've heard a rumour' bit), and threw it out there for comment. If it's rubbish, you can say so (and why), and I for one am thus informed. So although I didn't use the words, I suppose I could have completed my post with, "Anyone...?" But I think most (once satisfied that I'm not a malignant QF trojan) would view my posting as a query and not as a statement of fact to stir the pot, as it were. (2) Who said I didn't believe you? I want to believe you powers... I'm not hoping for the Virgins to fall over (can you imagine Qantas with the market back to themselves (OK, plus the Yanks...), heaven forbid!! No siree, I'm thrilled to bits to hear it's all 'rubbish'. I wish VOz all the very best. And I hope they're eventually allowed to fill what will then be the missing link (LAX - JFK). Can't wait to 'try you out'...