PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Rise on 1st April 09?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 07:30
Blighter Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't see how they can cut our pensions - is that not a change in terms of service relating to our final pension?

Change of pension should lead to everyone re-assessing their TOS - I'm sure that we could refuse the change? How would we stand on leaving due to a change of 'contract'

I elected to transfer to AFPS 05 and have, what I believe, is a pretty binding pension offer/forecast. How would the government go about legally changing or altering this pension which is linked to my PAS terms?

I reckon a good legal team could tear holes in most of any planned changes - if it does happen I can see a large number of PVRs going in. Especially if the civilian airline market picks up - watch those ATPL holding military pilots rush for the door!!

Flying pay review will probably be shelved/ignored along with PAS 2009/10. If CEA is cut then the MOD will lose one of it's greatest retention schemes.

Time for this government to go - we need a strong defence-minded ruling body before our armed forces crumble and die