PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli ditch North Sea G-REDL: NOT condolences
Old 6th Apr 2009, 06:34
VeeAny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condolences or not.

Gents

For future reference, and being perhaps a little too close to this particular accident I can tell you two things.

Pauls family have seen the condolences thread and found some solace in it, I printed it off for his mum on Thursday evening along with some heartfelt PMs I'd received.

I know that Paul wouldn't mind speculation as we would often discuss at length the "what do you think scenarios", and even if the idle speculation that goes on post crash makes one person think about something differently then perhaps that speculation has served a purpose. Whether it is appropriate to do that speculating on PPrune is another matter and one which I cannot judge.

Whilst we may have some idea soon, what caused the crash when the AAIB start to release their factual accounts of what happened, we will then have to wait for their conclusions and this will obviously take some time.

I do think that when we (as a community) are put in this situation again (and we will be) that a condolences thread is a very appropriate thing to have and to be kept completely seperate from a thread like this, some of the families may read this one, no one is forcing them too, but a collection of memories and good wishes like in the other one is often likely to be seen by them at some point.

Fly Safe Guys

Gary