PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2009, 20:01
gf-jr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
retirement benefits

Hi,
A first timer not a gf staff but son of a former one. I would like to express my dissatisfaction with the latest raids on retired employees benefits.

According to the latest decisions (or rumors) there are no id50 or 90 j class tkts for grade 11 retirees, and no f class tkts for grade 12 retirees. This is how the company rewards some of its long serving employees, especially those who worked in the 70's and 80's golden era's.

It is not the first time the company attacks these benefits. Many former senior staff had theirs suspended suddenly, although according to the company's rules and regulations they are entitled to get discounted tkts for the rest of their lives.

These changes would widen more the gap of between the benefits. Instead of having huge differences the company should distribute the benefits more equally, and gradually increase them as the staff rises in the employment ladder. Grade 11 and 12 benefits are a case in point.

According to the old scheme (God knows how will the new one look like after the recent changes) if the employee serves the required period (20 years if im not mistaken - plz review the staff travel handbook for more info) he/she and the spouse would get FOC annual leave tkt and 2 id50 or 90 tkts on y and j class, besides being able to purchase discounted tkts on other airlines that have reciprocal agreements with gf, and the children get nothing. That was for the grade 11.

However grade 12 staff (if he/she completes the required which is 20 yrs. also if im not mistaken) his/her benefits are: 1 FOC tkt for staff, spouse and children( till 23 yrs.) ug to f class subject to availability + UNLIMITED id50, 90 tks on all classes, with discounted tkts on other airlines.

My objection is on the huge gap in benefits, in comparison to the small one in the employees grades, especially the unlimited id50 and 90 tkts for the employee, spouse, and children. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if the company allows grade 10 and 11 employees(as both have the same retirement benefits), spouses and children (till they reach 23) to purchase unlimited or at least a certain amount of discounted tkts, on j and y classes or at least y class? At least under this scheme the benefits are more evenly spread.

Its time gf considered seriously the unjust retirement scheme, and by considering i mean giving more benefits instead of taking them. These recent changes makes these years of hard work at Gulf Air more and more worthless.

I know i've babbled alot, i do apologize for that i just wanted to get it out of my chest.

Thanks