PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli ditch North Sea G-REDL: NOT condolences
Old 5th Apr 2009, 19:45
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
The issue in the case of this accident is there is no evidence at all until the relevant items have been recovered from the seabed and analysed.

The last ditching (225) we had 2 walking and talking crew to give at least a summary of what went on.

I think it is a little unfair to trash the Bond Manager who stated there was no evidence of mechanical failure. I think the VT was edited to remove the Question that prompted the response. What I beleive he meant is that there was nothing immediatley apparant to indicate what kind of mechanical failure had occurred, ie crew RT call, HUMs trace etc.

I think it is probably obvious that something mechanical and catastrophic has occurred and as a current L2 driver I am, like everyone else, desperatley keen to know what it was, but the only way we will know for sure is when the AAIB do their stuff.

I am very saddened not only by the fate of the crew and passengers but the individuals on this forum that yet AGAIN decided to post deeply sensitive information about the MAYDAY call. Just because the newspapers reported it why should the pain by deepened by (what is supposed to be aviators) on this forum repeating it for their own self gratification.

Callous, uncaring, inconsiderate, craven vultures that they are!!!

I only hope they will be called to account for their remarks when they visit the big hangar in the sky!!

DB