PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Star Aviation In Chennai
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2009, 17:59
IndAir967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They received over a 1000 applications when they had advertised last year for P2 (First Officer Position).
Their selection criteria was as follows:-

1.An Indian National with an ATPL from any country would be given first priority.
2.An Indian National with total hours exceeding 1000 or significant turbine experience.
3.An Indian National who has Flight Instructor Ratings.

For all the above criteria an CPL issued by DGCA is a must.

If the applicant does not fall under any of the above category then:

1. An Indian National with an Indian CPL MER IR CLASS I FRTOL and an degree in engineering.

And their last options is just a CPL MER IR CLASS I FRTOL holder.

Let me give u another info.. they definitely want to know if u have obtained an Full Indian RTR i.e. Both Part I and Part II because they are not hiring guys for P2 position without an FULL INDIAN RTR.

Regarding their status:

For the selected cadidate Ground Classes for embraer 170 are held in chennai and the training for ac rating is provided in singapore. Chief Pilot is an Ex-IC,Ex-DN.

1st Batch of Pilots (10 Captains and 2 First Officers) are already back from Singapore after completing their training.

2nd Batch of Pilots (6 First Officers) have already been shortlisted and scheduled to begin their ground classes any time this month.

Next Batch of First Officers are schedule to be hired for the operations begining in the month of march which means the hiring would begin by abt july-aug.

If You are interested please visit their website and submit your CV .
If Your stars are bright then Star will definitely call you.
Happy Landings.