PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - March 2009 - Instructing - what are we all getting paid
Old 5th Apr 2009, 14:56
woodcoc2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just trying to give you a heads up 'cause I can see you selling yourself and the profession of instructing short mate. Any training captain worth his weight will admire someone who shows commitment to instructing. Don't kid yourself
VFE

I hear what you are saying, honestly. to clarify i used to instruct full time and now do so once a week; the reason being that i like it. I orginially was a full time FI in order to gain hours like many thousands before me (and because i thought i would enjoy it hence didnt get into paradrops or something different). So my motivation was and still is personal gain AND enjoyment. nothing wrong with that i hope. When asked why i wanted to join the flying school i was completely honest as above.

my main point was a future airline employer is not likely to care about your motivation for working in a flying school in the past now are they?? They may care about how you got on while you were there and if you contributed something positive. Sure the airline interviewer will want to hear about your flying past, but it will all be about how you got to this point in your flying career, and of course where you may be going (where do you see yourself in 5 years?). When you go through your story and tell how you were an FI then bit of air taxi etc you will likely get a knowing nod and smile because guess what? Answer= the interviewer has likely been there and done that..