PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa Drug screening
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2009, 11:51
ampclamp

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
wunwing

My response was to another post.Dont see anything in my post suggesting casa were or were not exempt.Anyway...
The incompetence of casa was the point of my post where there have been half or non qualified people signing as LAME's for quite some time. With virtually zero (that I'm aware of ) active casa surveillance and Qantas' incompetence also as the "outsourced" regulator I dont have a huge amount of confidence in the testing regime.How could we?

The useless calendar is only half serious but real example of resources wasted on spin not spent on substance.Qantas will also have their own testing.Bewdy cant wait for that scheme.

Dont get me wrong I dont want p!ssed or stoned people around or on aircaft.But I do want a fair, reasonable, open, reliable system where positves wont be given by non proscribed drugs. Recourse is quick, no loss of income for false positives, private & non judgemental & non stigmatising help if you do have a problem..

I know someone who goes loopy with paracetamol,legal but dangerous.
If tested he'd pass if he wasnt running down an aisle flapping his arms like wings.
Some folks are not affected by pseudo eph. I am sensitive to it and hate the stuff. Get really twitchy cant sleep or keep still.

I do hope all turns out well and our concerns are unfounded but I can well understand where these people concerns lie.