PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KR737
Thread: KR737
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2009, 11:07
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I'm realy trying not to get into "who did what" but as a VIP flight someone takes the flack if it is not right - even if they are totally removed from the incident.
No, because it appears that if we did get into it, the person the PM should have been talking to/abusing/berating/making cry/whatever would have been people in his own staff rather than a FS who is probably four or five steps removed from where the culpability actually lies.

I have to say that as the Prime Minister I am 'S A S' not going going to call my Chief of Staff about my meal.
No, instead it appears you advocating taking an 'off the record' pot shot at a girl who has no real responsibility the scheme of things and can't do anything about it. Talking to your COS on the other hand will ensure that he engages with the relevant authorities in the VIP SQN and get the matter sorted out for the future and on record. Further, one act shows grace and an understanding of who actually has the clout to fix things, the other shows no grace, no style and a desire to belittle whoever gets in your way. Talking to some of my colleagues who have flown VIP ops in the RAAF it appears that those who have come from the same party as KRudd have shown similar tendencies. So much for champions of the people.

This is not that important.
I think it's VERY important issue because it points to the character of our Prime Minister. I have a PA that I make occasionally when things go awry in QF and the crew end up dealing with a hostile cabin. It goes something like 'I understand that issues like this can be frustrating and I share your frustrations. I do have one request though and that is that you not take out your frustrations on my cabin crew. This situation is not their fault and they'll do their very best to look after you along the way. If you do feel like you need to take your frustrations on someone then I'll be at the front door as you depart and you can take your frustrations out on me at that point'. I do it to back up my crew and to just remind people that no matter how tense they are, getting cranky at the cabin crew achieves precisely nothing. I do that PA because SOME passengers are simply too stupid, egotistical, arrogant or narcissistic to understand otherwise. To now know that the PM is amongst those types of passengers frightens me no end.

Therefore it is very, very important. Our PM is a fraud. This is not about politics, this is about the personality of our PM. His own actions damn him as a leader at precisely a time when the country needs good leadership.