PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2009, 08:09
CJ1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my little input - a friend of ours is now working for Korean on the 777 and said the training was excruciating. He said that he was marked down for not having the WX radar bright enough. He may be exaggerating, but I could tell that he found it pretty tough. I'd expect the medical to be JUST as stringent (I know our friend had his fingers burnt due to high cholesterol - but unfortunately I have no precise details on the medical itself). I'm joining the industry at the moment and considered following him, but quickly decided that I couldn't stand the training and the months away from sunny Blighty!

Having said that, someone asked earlier on in the thread if the safety has improved at KAL, and I would say that it is now, from what our friend's been saying, totally paramount and up there with the big European operators. And both the 777 and the 330 are pretty good machines to operate - particularly coming off the 757!

It also strikes me as a very exciting job - so many months in Korea and then back home for a little break. Thorough training, fabulous aircraft, interesting base and super destinations. And for a CAPT like he is, pretty good pay. If i wasn't so far away, I'd probably go for it myself.

All the best to potential KAL candidates