PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2/OAA
Thread: Jet 2/OAA
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 17:57
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not 100% on the flexicrew details, but I do know two people waiting to do their A320TR for EZY on the scheme. Here is what I know;

I believe the TR is paid for by EZY. Of course, you still have your own eye watering loan repayments from the CTC fATPL course. You are on your own there.

It is a 6 month contract, you get paid a paltry £1000 per month*, no leave/holiday entitlement and when you're gone you aint coming back any time soon. This is for 2 reasons:

1) You will start asking for outrageous luxuries such as a legal wage so as not to live in poverty and have paid holidays. Wholly unacceptable.

2) The CTC sausage machine will be spewing out a load more "cadets" after you. They have to keep up highly misleading statistics which make it look like 100% of cadets get a 'job' with an airline. So they will be next.

In short, CTC was a good scheme. It probably will be again one day. Unfortunately, it has turned into a nightmare and is probably the most expensive way to build 500 A320 hours out there.

Those trapped in the scheme have no choice and did not have all the info about the economy we have today when they started. You do. Buyer beware.

But, as with all these things, if you can afford it and this is what you want to do, then go forth and enjoy some loco hour building!

*sorry to state the bloody obvious, but that works out at a £12,000 pa job. Shocking to say the least.