PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guests in the cockpit _POST 9/11 _ Survey
Old 4th Apr 2009, 17:56
vonbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mrs. Juud,
Some errands kept me busy away from here.
I am Paolo B., a physical person (not just a pseudonym, nor a troll, nor an ant ) who has read Mr. Pablo Mason related threads both in Rumours & News and in Military Aircrew sections of this Forum, to begin with.
Besides, I proudly hold Italian Citizenship, and most of my qualifications are classified.
I will hereby reply in detail:

Mr Von, would you please explain which qualifications you hold that enable you to judge the 'alrightness' of cockpit visits?
In my opinion, as I have already tried to explain with examples, I am pointing my finger at the moon, but then you are looking at me. That is one of the reasons, I think, many potential "whistle blowers", thereby transformed into indulgent cooperators, were prevented to say anything about anything.
I honestly find that question of yours impertinent and out of place in a mostly anonymous Forum.

Would you also, just to indulge my curiosity, explain why you feel the need to take it upon yourself to 'report to the DFO' (whatever that may be) the actions of a crew you trust enough to get you safely from A to B while not having the confidence that they will be able to execute that same flight in a safe manner?
For my personal safety.

As correctly pointed out by Avman, despite the utterly rigid, patently ridiculous, unproven to enhance safety rules thought up and enforced by among others the USA and the UK regulatory bodies, there are still a great many companies and countries where a Captain is considered to be not only able to command a civil airliner, but also eminently able to decide who can and can not gain access to the flight deck.
On some points I beg to differ there.

And yes, I know the Russian story; one swallow doesn't summer make, and one stupid captain doesn't mean they're all incompetent fools who need to have their work-lives regulated down to the last comma by desk-bound pen pushers whose highest ambition in life is to regulate those who soar.
There are other episodes that I did not allege. One, just by chance, is Pablo Mason's problem.

Thankfully the desk-ants haven't won everywhere yet.
I find that comment not necessary in this context. An apology would be in order, but I do not count on it.

All are happy, all agree with you, and let it be so.

Paolo B.

Last edited by vonbag; 5th Apr 2009 at 03:36.